Advantages of Employing Sectrol Security Geelong (formerly Geelong Monitoring Services)
Australian-graded security monitoring centre delivers benefits directly to you.
Why hire Sectrol Security Geelong (formerly Geelong Monitoring Services) over other security providers in Geelong and district? We are the region’s only Australian-graded security monitoring company, as graded by Australian Security Industry Association Limited (ASIAL).
What does this mean for you, the customer? It means that our grading allows us to be in direct contact with emergency services, so we can organise police and other emergency personnel depending on the situation at hand. We are one of only a few Geelong security companies with our own patrol cars and alarm attendant staff.
- Sectrol Security Geelong (formerly Geelong Monitoring Services), as part of Sectrol Security is a Private Security Company registered by the Victorian Police Licensing Services Division
- Private Security Licence No. 645-516-20S
- Sectrol Security Geelong (formerly Geelong Monitoring Services) as part of Sectrol Security is a registered and financial member of ASIAL (Australian Security Industry Association Limited).
- We employ 40+ of which 10 guards reside and work solely patrolling and performing static guard duties in the Geelong and surrounding areas. We currently have three patrol cars on duty 365 days of the year servicing both our existing clients and other monitoring clientele in an area extending south to Jan Juc, north to Lara, east to Queenscliff and west to Winchelsea.
- Each security patrolman or static guard has the following minimum qualifications:
- Certificate 2 in Security Operations
- Certificate 3 in Security Operations
- Private Security Individual Licence (Security Guard)
- First Aid Level 2
- Training of security patrolman & static guard include the following:
- Working in Teams
- Workplace Safety
- Provide First Aid
- Manage Conflict Through Negotiation
- Protect Self & Others Using Basic Defensive Tactics
- Respond to a Security Risk Situation
- Dispute Resolution
- Responsible Serving of Alcohol
- All employees undergo a National Police check (criminal history check) prior to commencing employment and at regular intervals of not more than three years.
- Staff Support and Backup – We currently have three no. guards (less than five minutes away) performing duties ranging from Static Guard to patrol work – 365 days per year (this extends to four over the summer holiday period).
- Able to provide fully qualified guards quickly to cover personnel whom are sick or on annual leave etc., with no disruption to running of the site.
- Insurance – Sectrol Security Geelong (formerly Geelong Monitoring Services) has the appropriate insurance (public liability) coverage for security guarding and patrolling whilst on the premises.
- OH&S – Sectrol Security Geelong (formerly Geelong Monitoring Services) has the appropriate competencies to deal with security activities.
The Sectrol Security Geelong (formerly Geelong Monitoring Services) System is recognised by the police as having the lowest false alarm rate in the state. This is due to a number of reasons, including:
the amount of information received by the control room when an alarm is activated
- the way in which the detectors are installed. Detectors are set up on a multiple zone basis – i.e. unauthorised access would trigger two alarms, not just one
- the number of detectors.
Reduced false alarm rates reduces the number of attendances required for the system thereby reducing client overheads.
Several factors contribute to the prevention of crime, or more particularly, prevention of people becoming a victim of crime. A high-quality security system is of major importance. Clients in Geelong, the Surf Coast and the Bellarine Peninsula can leave their premises in the knowledge that it is being constantly watched. It gives them a sense...